“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” When Benjamin Franklin said that he meant fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life. At Aspen Dental of Cache Valley, we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
- Brush your teeth. Do it twice a day without fail, for two minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
- Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
- Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
- Avoid piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage.
- Avoid snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
- Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Aspen Dental of Cache Valley we want all our patients to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. People from North Richmond, East Mountains, and South Highway 89 come to our office for family and cosmetic dentistry. Call us to schedule your next cleaning and checkup today!
Contact Aspen Dental of Cache Valley:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):