Dental implants might sound like something out of a futuristic book or movie, but at Aspen Dental of Cache Valley in Logan UT, the future is here.
Not everyone has heard about dental implants, so we are using this space to tell you everything – or almost everything, anyway – you ever wanted to know about them.
Your Crash Course
First of all, dental implants are not replacement teeth; they are metal posts that support one or more replacement teeth. (It can be a little confusing, because sometimes people call them “tooth implants.”)
- Replacement root. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root. They are usually made of titanium, a lightweight metal that is especially good at fusing with bone. A titanium post is inserted in the jaw and becomes a solid foundation for replacement teeth.
- Safe. Dental implants are very compatible with the human body, and cases of rejection are rare.
- Bone stimulaltion. The artificial tooth attached to the actual implant gives you back your smile. But the implant itself stimulates the bone, preventing recession.
- Healing. It usually takes two to three months for full healing, and for the implant to fully integrate with the jaw bone.
- Bone density. The best candidates for dental implants have enough healthy jaw bone to support the titanium post. Even in cases where the bone has receded, bone grafting can promote new growth – enough to support the implant.
- Single and Multiple. One dental implant can support one artificial tooth. Several implants can support a partial or full set of dentures.
Some three million people in the United States are already enjoying the benefits of dental implants, and that number grows each year. At Aspen Dental of Cache Valley in Logan UT we’ve placed them in people from North Richmond, East Mountains, and South Highway 89, who also come to us for cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment today!
Contact Aspen Dental of Cache Valley:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
170 E 1400 N